French, Spanish and German versions available by February 2019
The Code has undergone changes, in both format and content, in order to keep up with the rapid expansion of the shipping industry. Amendment 39-18 includes revisions to various sections of the Code and to transport requirements for specific substances. It was adopted by IMO’s Maritime Safety Committee (MSC) at 99th session in May 2018.
This version is mandatory as from 1 January 2020 but may be applied by Administrations in whole or in part on a voluntary basis from 1 January 2019.
Also available is the IMDG Code Supplement, 2018 edition, covers all details of procedures for packing of dangerous goods or actions to take in the event of an emergency or accident involving personnel who handle goods at sea.
The Code is also available in electronic format as follows
– with a CD DVD songle station installation – with code for validation.
– e reader, with dedicated software (EBK)
– online through internet download
– online with capabilty to generate Dangerous Goods Notes.
– an online subscription, also for multiple access within internal networks.
enabling: Search by substance or UN Number; • Multiple windows (MDI) for view in multiple pages or substances; Extensive cross-referencing; On-screen colour displays of
hazard labels, signs and marks
• Search by names in French and
Spanish substance indexes
• Easy generation and saving of a
Dangerous Goods Note
• Easy-to-use menus, on-screen user
manual, as well as help screens
• Printing facility and downloading
• Single-user or network versions